Morse Institute Library Show
MARCH 9 – APRIL 28, 2019
Location: Morse Institute Library, 14 E. Central Street, Natick, MA 01760
Requirements: Open to NAA members in good standing with all dues paid.
- Original art work only (no giclees or prints), completed within the last three years and not previously exhibited at an awards NAA show.
- Work must stay up until the end of the show and must be delivered on time.
- Venue cannot accommodate sculpture, three-dimensional works or nudes.
- Accepted work must be exhibit-ready: framed (or exhibit-quality edges if on canvas) with a wire, no saw tooth hangers.
- Mats must be white, off white, gray or other neutral tones.
- This venue will accommodate 75 artists and maximum size of 30” on any side.
- Frames should be neutral colors (white, black, silver, gold, wood).
- We encourage framing with acrylic (Plexiglas, Lucite, etc. when possible).
- Label back of artwork with: Artist name, title, media, and price of piece. Please note – this information is used for labels and cannot be changed.
- Registration fee of $25 made out to NAA.
- Sign the waiver below for NAA and the Morse Institute regarding freedom from liability and sign up for a job to help with the show.
- 20% of all art sales will go the Newton Art Association.
- If you would like your work to be considered for use in publicity releases, please send a jpeg of your piece to Vartus Varadian:. Jpegs should be at least 2Mb.
- Drop off: Saturday, March 9, 10-11: 30 AM, Hanging 11:30-1:00 PM.
- Reception & Awards: Saturday, March 23, 2019 from 1-3 PM.
- Pick Up: Monday, April 29, 2019, 10-11: 30 AM
- To Assure a Place: Register ONLINE.
- Or, send this registration form to Dean Bandes, 225 Cypress Road, Newton Centre, MA 02459 with this application and a check for $25 made out to NAA.
- Space is limited to the first 75 pieces registered.
- Deadline: Registrations will be accepted until February 28, 2019.
For more information, contact: Jeanne Gugino, .
Morse Institute Library, Natick Show Application
March 9-April 28, 2019
Tel. No. __________________________________________E mail__________________________________
Size(framed) ________________________________Media _______________________________________
I will help with: checking IN work; hanging; checking OUT work
I will help with the reception: food ; flowers; set up; clean up; publicity
I will volunteer to transport artwork
$25 FEE PAID ________________________________
In registering for this show I understand that I shall not hold the Newton Art Association or the Morse Institute Library responsible for any loss or damage. Furthermore, I have read the show rules and understand that work that is not compliant with the regulations will not be accepted.
I agree that
- my work is original; done in the last 3 years; not shown before in an NAA exhibit;
- mats and framing are neutral;
- stretched canvases have finished edges; and
- my work does not exceed size limits (30” the longest side, framed), and is wired for hanging.
Please make a copy of this application before submitting.