The James King Bonnar Show Application, 2018
Applications will be accepted on a first come-first served basis.
This show is expected to fill up very quickly.
Applications will be accepted online.
Application Process starts Monday, October 1, and closes on Friday, October 26, 2018.
Drop Off: Saturday November 10, 2018, 10:00 a.m. to noon.
Show opens: Tuesday, November13, 2018
Reception: Sunday, November 18, 2018 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Show closes: December 8, 2018
Pick Up: December 8, 2018 from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Location: Wedeman Gallery, Yamawaki Art and Cultural Center, Lasell College,
47 Myrtle Avenue, Auburndale, MA 02466
For more information and directions go to: www.lasell.edu
Awards Juror: Vladimir Zimakov, Professor of Art and Director of the Wedeman Gallery.
Information concerning the 2018 Bonnar Show:
- Venue can accommodate 70 2-D works including sculpture, jewelry, fiber work, and metal/ceramic pieces.
- For 2-D work, there will be a size limit of 32 inches on the longest side.
- Works can include nude figures.
- The Wedeman will receive a 20% commission for each work sold; the NAA will receive a 20% commission on each work sold, as well. Artist receives 60% commission.
- Each participant will pay an exhibition fee of $25.
NAA Guidelines for all shows:
- NAA members in good standing with all dues paid are eligible to participate.
- Participants may only submit original work that has not been shown in previous NAA shows.
- No printed reproductions or giclees of work.
- Work must stay up until the end of the show.
- Work must be framed and ready to hang with tight wires and screws attached to the frame. Saw tooth hangers and sandwich frames may not be used.
- Mats must be white, off white, gray, or other neutral tones.
- Frames should be neutral colors (white, black, silver, gold, wood).
- For framed artwork larger than 24” on the longest side, glass may not be used. Instead, members must use Plexiglas or comparable “acrylic glass.” Pastel work excepted.
- Unframed stretched canvases must have the sides painted or otherwise finished and must be DRY.
Procedures and requirements for participants:
- Submit application, preferably online.
- Submit an exhibition fee of $25, payable online by PayPal and credit card; or check made out to NAA and mailed to Dean Bandes, 225 Cypress Street, Newton, MA 02459.
- Read and consent to the waiver on the application for NAA and Wedeman Gallery regarding liability.
- Label back of artwork with: Artist name, title, media, and price.
- Drop off work at the scheduled date and time or make arrangements with others to drop it off on your behalf. Late drop-offs will not be accepted.
- Pick up art promptly at the scheduled date and time or make arrangements with others to pick it up on your behalf. No storage space is provided.
- The check-in and hanging committees are volunteers. Please do not put them in a position of rejecting work for the show. Please adhere to the guidelines.
- A Drop Off Requirements check list will be sent to you when your entry has been confirmed
- Complete the Drop Off Requirements check list and bring with you to drop off.
- If unable to submit online, please send application and check for exhibit fee to: James Varnum, 270 Langley Road, Newton, MA 02459.
NAA member Vartus Varadian has volunteered to provide publicity for the show. She is seeking images of work in the show. If you wish, please send a jpeg of your piece to Vartus Varadian at firstname.lastname@example.org. Jpeg format: Name_Title.jpg (Example: Varnum_Landscape.jpg). File size: No greater than 3Mbytes; 1,000 pixels on longest side.
Important Dates to Remember for the JK Bonnar Show
Submission Timeline: Monday, October 1 to Friday, October 26, 2018.
Saturday, November 10, 10:00 a.m. to noon.
Sunday, November 18, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 8, 2018, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Volunteer Needs (choose all in which you can participate):
Check-in: 11/10 from 10 a.m to noon___ Hanging: 11/10 from noon to 3 p.m.___
Checkout: 12/8 ___ from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.