“Open Ended” at the Betty Meyer Gallery Application
Applications will be accepted on a first come-first served basis.
This show is expected to fill up very quickly.
Applications will be accepted online.
|Show opens:||April 4, 2017|
|Reception:||April 19, 2017 from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.|
|Show closes:||April 28, 2017|
|Location:||Betty Meyer Gallery at United Parish of Auburndale (UPA), 64 Hancock Street, Auburndale, MA 02466
Parking in the rear. For more information and directions go to: newtonchurch.org
2017 Betty Meyer Gallery Show-“Open Ended”:
- Venue can accommodate 35 works.
- No nude figures.
- The UPA will receive a 10% commission for each work sold; the NAA will receive 10% of all work sold.
- Each participant will pay an exhibition fee of $25.
NAA Guidelines for all shows:
- NAA members in good standing with all dues paid are eligible to participate.
- Participants may only submit original work that has not been shown in previous NAA shows.
- Work must stay up until the end of the show.
- Work must be framed and ready to hang with wires and screws. Saw tooth hangers may not be used.
- Mats must be white, off white, gray, or other neutral tones.
- Frames should be neutral colors (white, black, silver, gold, wood).
- For framed artwork larger than 24” on the longest side, glass may not be used. Instead, members must use Plexiglas or comparable “acrylic glass.” Pastels excepted.
- Unframed stretched canvases must have the sides painted or otherwise finished and must be DRY.
Procedures and requirements for participants:
- Submit application online.
- Submit an exhibition fee of $25, payable online by PayPal and credit card; or check made out to NAA (check must clear before application is accepted). Check must be sent to: Dean Bandes, 225 Cypress Street, Newton, MA 02459.
- Read and consent to the waiver on the application for NAA and NAC regarding liability.
- Label back of artwork with: Artist name, title, media, and price.
- Drop off work at the scheduled date and time.
- Pick up art promptly at the scheduled date and time or make arrangements for someone to pick it up on your behalf. No storage space is provided.
- The check-in and hanging committees are volunteers. Please do not put them in a position of rejecting work for the show. Please adhere to the guidelines.
NAA member Vartus Varadian has volunteered to provide publicity for the show. She is seeking images of work in the show. If you wish, please send a jpeg of your piece to Vartus Varadian at . Jpeg format:
Name_Title.jpg (Example: Varnum_Landscape.jpg). File size: maximum of 2 Mbytes. Image size: maximum of 2000 pixels on longest dimension.
Important Dates to Remember for the Betty Meyer Gallery Show
Monday, April 3, 12 noon to 2 p.m.
Wednesday, April 19, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
Checkout and Pick Up:
Saturday, April 29, 2017, 10 a.m. to 12 noon.
This application is closed.