Fiber and Metal Juried Exhibit Application, 2018
Applications and images will be accepted during a specific window of time (see below).
Applications and images will only be accepted online at the NAA website: newtonartassociation.com.
As a juried show, members will submit images that will be judged anonymously to determine acceptance into the exhibit.
|Show opens:||February 2, 2018|
|Reception:||February 7, (Snow Date:February 28, 2018 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.|
|Show closes:||March 28, 2018|
|Location:||NewTV, 23 Needham Street, Newton Highlands, MA 02461
For more information and directions go to: NewTV.org.
|Curator/Juror:||Valerie Miller and Gregg DiBasio, owners of Artitudes Gallery, 1286 Washington Street, West Newton, MA. For more information, go to: artitudesgallery.com|
Information concerning the Fiber and Metal Juried Show:
- This exhibit is open to fiber artists and jewelry makers only.
- Non-NAA members pay $20.00 for membership fee (active until June 30, 2018), plus exhibit fee (see #8 below).
- Venue uses a Walker Hanging system with steel rods (walkerdisplay.com).
- Fiber art must be gallery ready with a taut wire or hooks.
- Jewelry must be presented in a shadow box, that is wired and ready to hang. There are many types of shadow boxes available, sides may be clear, natural wood or painted wood. Shadow boxes limited to 30 inches on longest side.
- The Newton Art Association will receive a 20% commission. The artist will recieve 80% of sales, so price accordingly. The NAA will create a price list and process all sales of work in the exhibit.
- There will be an opportunity to sell your work during the evening of the reception. Space will be limited. During this event artists must process their own sales transactions and may keep all proceeds.
- For the exhibit, each participant will enter from one to three digital images to be juried into the show. One image entry will cost $25 and $5 for each additional image up to three total. Fees are non-refundable.
- Each jpeg image file name must be labeled in this format: Artist Last Name and Title. Please do not leave spaces between words in image file name. For example: VarnumAbstract.jpg. Leaving spaces in the image file name will cause the image to be rejected by the upload system. The other information: Title; Medium; Dimensions; and Price will be required on the Image Upload page before you are able to upload your images.
- Images should be submitted as jpegs. They should be no larger than 3MB, and at least 1,000 pixels on the longest side.
- The jurors will view the images by random number only in an online slideshow and will not see the names of the artists.
- Images may be submitted through Friday, January 12, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
- Notification of accepted entries will occur on Friday, January 19, 2018 after 5 p.m. by email and posted on the NAA website, newtonartassociation.com. Non-email artists will be notified of acceptance by phone or regular mail. If accepted, you will receive details of the show, be asked to submit an image list with standard information, and complete the NewTV Artist Release Form.
NAA Guidelines for all shows:
- NAA members in good standing with all dues paid are eligible to participate.
- Participants may only submit original work that has not been shown in previous NAA shows.
- Work must stay up until the end of the show.
- Work must be ready to hang with taut wires. No saw – tooth hangers.
- Accepted artists must complete a signed artist release form for NewTV and submit it at drop off/check-in.
Procedures and requirements for participants in the Fiber and Metal Exhibit:
- Submit application online.
- Submit an exhibition fee of $25 for the first image and $5 for each additional image, up to three (for example: one image costs $25; two images, $30 and three images, $35), payable online by PayPal and credit card; or by check made out to NAA. Checks must be mailed to Dean Bandes, 225 Cypress Street, Newton, MA 02459.
- When you submit this application it is assumed that you have read and consent to the waiver (bottom of the Image Upload page) for the NAA regarding liability. When accepted into the Fiber and Metal Exhibit at NewTV, you will be asked to read and sign an artist release form for NewTV and bring it to drop off. Label back of artwork with: Artist name, Title, Media, and Price.
- Drop off work at the scheduled date and time. If your piece requires any unusual installation requirements, you may be asked to be on-site during its installation.
- The check-in team are volunteers. Please do not put them in a position of rejecting work for the show. Please adhere to the guidelines.
- Pick up art promptly at the scheduled date and time or make arrangements for someone to pick it up on your behalf. No storage space is provided.
NAA member Vartus Varadian has volunteered to provide publicity for the show. She is seeking images of work in the show. If you wish, please send a jpeg of your piece to Vartus Varadian at . Jpeg format: Name_Title.jpg (Example: Varnum_Landscape.jpg). File size: 300dpi; 4” x 6.” These images will be used by NewTV for publicity as well.
Important Dates to Remember for the Fiber and Metal Juried Show
Submission of Images:
Through Monday, January 12, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
Notification of Acceptance:
Friday, January 19, 2018, after 5 p.m.
Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 10:00 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Friday, February 7, 2018. From 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Checkout and Pick Up:
Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 10:00 a.m. to 12 p.m.
For questions, please contact: James C Varnum at email@example.com or 617-852-7099.
This application is closed.