The NAA and BPSI 2018 Exhibit Application
Applications and images will be accepted during a specific window of time (see below).
Applications and images will only be accepted online at the NAA website: newtonartassociation.com.
As a juried show, members will submit images that will be judged by BPSI Art Committee to determine acceptance into the exhibit.
|Show opens:||January 8, 2018|
|Reception:||January 19, 2018 from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.|
|Show closes:||June 28, 2018|
|Location:||Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute, 141 Herrick Road, Newton Centre, MA 02459
For more information and directions go to: bpsi.org.
|Jurors:||Art Committee of the BPSI Board|
Guideline for the NAA/BPSI Juried Exhibit:
- NAA members in good standing with all dues paid are eligible to participate.
- Participants may only submit original work that has been completed within the last three years.
- Any work accepted for exhibition may not be removed or exchanged during the duration of the exhibit.
- Work must be framed and ready to hang with wires and screws. Saw tooth hangers may not be used.
- Works on paper and smearable mediums such as charcoal and pastels must be protected under glass or Plexi‐ glass.
- For framed artwork larger than 18” on the longest side, glass may not be used. Instead, members must use Plexiglas or comparable “acrylic glass.” Pastels are excepted.
- Mats must be white, off white, gray, or other neutral tones. Frames should be neutral colors (white, black, silver, gold, wood).
- Unframed stretched canvases must have the sides painted or otherwise finished and must be DRY.
- All visual art media is accepted, including photography, with the exception of free‐standing sculpture, film, and video.
- The BPSI Art Committee will need to disqualify any work which is not ready to hang when it arrives at the gallery.
- Participating artists must be available to deliver and pick up selected work on the dates listed or be able to make alternative arrangements.
- Images should be submitted as jpegs. They should be no larger than 3MB, and at least 1,000 pixels on the longest side.
- Images may be submitted from Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 9 a.m. through Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
Notification of accepted entries will occur on Thursday, November 30, 2017 after 6 p.m. by email and posted on the NAA website, newtonartassociation.com. Non-email artists will be notified of acceptance by phone or regular mail. Attached to the email and enclosed in regular mail, will be a Letter of Agreement from BPSI. If accepted, you will submit a brief artist statement and/or biography, along with a signed Letter of Agreement, emailed to Lauren Lukason, firstname.lastname@example.org, at BPSI, no later than December 8, 2018. This statement along with accepted images will be used to create an exhibit guide.
Procedures and requirements for participants:
- Submit application online.
- Submit an exhibition fee of $25 for the first image and $5 for each additional image, up to five (for example: one image costs $25; two images, $30, three images, $35, four images, $40, and five images, $45), payable online by PayPal and credit card; or check made out to NAA. Checks mailed to Dean Bandes, 225 Cypress Street, Newton, MA 02459.
- When you submit this application it is assumed that you have read and consent to the waiver (bottom of the application) for Newton Art Association and Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute regarding liability.
- Label back of artwork with: Artist name, title, media, and price.
- Drop off work at the scheduled date and time.
- Pick up art promptly at the scheduled date and time or make arrangements for someone to pick it up on your behalf. No storage space is provided.
Once artists have been accepted into the exhibit, images of their work will be used for publicity by both the NAA and BPSI. Your images will be shared with NAA member Vartus Varadian, who has volunteered to provide publicity for the exhibit.
Important Dates to Remember for the NAA and BPSI Exhibit.
Application and Submission of Images:
Sunday, October 2, 2017 at 9 a.m. through Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
Notification of Acceptance:
Thursday, November 30, 2017 after 6 p.m.
Deadline for Biography/Artist Statement/Letter of Agreement:
Friday, December 8, 2017 by 5 p.m.
Friday, January 5, 2018, 3:00 to 5 p.m., and Saturday, January 6, 2018, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Friday, January 19, 2018, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
Monthly Open Houses:
February 10, 2018: Open House for NAA members and public, 2:00 to 4:00pm
March 10, 2018: Open House for NAA members and public, 2:00 to 4:00pm
April 14, 2018: Open House for NAA members and public, 2:00 to 4:00pm
May 12, 2018: Open House for NAA members and public, 2:00 to 4:00pm
June 9, 2018: Open House for NAA members and public, 2:00 to 4:00pm
Checkout and Pick Up:
Friday, June 29, 2018, 3:00 to 4 p.m. and Saturday, June 30, 2018, 10:00 a.m. to 12:oo p.m.