The Annual Awards Exhibit Application, 2017
Applications will be accepted during a specific window of time (see below).
Applications will only be accepted online at the NAA website: newtonartassociation.com.
Exceptions apply for some members without computers, please contact Diana Kazmaier at 617-969-8360.
|Show opens:||September 2, 2017|
|Reception:||September 6, 2017 from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.|
|Show closes:||September 28, 2017|
|Location:||Newton Free Library, 330 Homer Street, Newton Center, MA 02459
For more information and directions go to: newtonfreelibrary.net
Information specific to the Annual Awards Show:
- The Newton Free Library can accommodate approximately 70 works including sculpture with pedestals. Works may include non-frontal nude figures that are discreet. If in doubt, please send image to .
- Triptychs and diptychs are not allowed.
- The Newton Art Association will receive a 20% commission for each work sold.
- Each member may enter one piece of artwork along with an exhibition fee of $25.
- There is a size limit of 40 inches on the longest side of any 2D work.
- The Newton Free Library has a Gallery, Main Hall wall space, and display cases. Small works may be exhibited in the display cases. This is a decision of the hanging team.
NAA Guidelines for all shows:
- NAA members in good standing with all dues paid for the 2017/2018 year are eligible to participate.
- Participants may only submit original work that has not been shown in previous NAA shows.
- Work must stay up until the end of the show.
- Work must be framed and ready to hang with wires and screws. Saw tooth hangers may not be used.
- Mats must be white, off white, gray, or other neutral tones.
- Frames should be neutral colors (white, black, silver, gold, wood).
- For framed artwork larger than 24” on the longest side, glass may not be used. Instead, members must use Plexiglas or comparable “acrylic glass.” Pastel artwork excepted.
- Unframed stretched canvases must have the sides painted or otherwise finished, must be DRY and wired for hanging.
Procedures and requirements for participants of this show:
- Complete application online.
- Submit an exhibition fee of $25, payable online by PayPal and credit card; or check made out to NAA. Checks should be mailed to Dean Bandes, 225 Cypress Street, Newton, MA 02459.
- This exhibit is open to all members of the NAA and space is limited to 70 pieces of artwork. Admission is on a first come-first served basis, and this show reaches capacity quickly.
- When you submit this application it is assumed that you have read and consent to the waiver (bottom of the application) for NAA and Newton Free Library regarding liability.
- Label back of artwork with: Artist name, title, media, and price/NFS, if not for sale.
- Drop off work at the scheduled date and time.
- Pick up art promptly at the scheduled date and time or make arrangements for someone to pick it up on your behalf. No storage space is provided.
- The check-in and hanging committees are volunteers. Please do not put them in a position of rejecting work for the show. Please adhere to the guidelines stated above.
NAA member Vartus Varadian has volunteered to provide publicity for the show. She is seeking images of work in the show. If you wish, please send a jpeg of your piece to Vartus Varadian at . Jpeg format: Name_Title.jpg (Example: Varnum_Landscape.jpg). File size: 300dpi; 4” x 6.” These images will be used by NAA and Newton Free Library for publicity as well.
Important Dates to Remember for the Newton Art Association Annual Awards Show
Submission of Application:
Thursday, June 1, 2017 through Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
Friday, September 1, 2017, 9:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Wednesday, September 6, 2017, 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
Checkout and Pick Up:
Friday, September 29, 2017, 9:15 to 10:30 a.m.