The Mother Brook Juried Show Application, 2016
Applications and images will be accepted during a specific window of time (see below).
Applications and images will only be accepted online at the NAA website: newtonartassociation.com.
As a juried show, members will submit images that will be judged anonymously to determine acceptance into the exhibit.
|Show opens:||January 5, 2017|
|Reception:||January 11, 2017 from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.|
|Show closes:||February 24, 2017|
|Location:||Mother Brook Arts and Community Center, 123 High Street, Dedham, MA 02026
For more information and directions go to: motherbrookarts.org.
|Jurors:||Cindy Clements, Artist and Board Member of Massachusetts Cultural Council, and Casey Curry, Exhibitions Manager at New Art Center.|
Information concerning the Mother Brook Juried Show:
- There is no theme for the Mother Brook Juried Show but artists are encouraged to submit both their largest and best works.
- Venue can accommodate over 75 works including sculpture. Works may include nude figures that are discreet. If in doubt, please send image to .
- The Mother Brook Arts and Community Center will receive a 35% commission for each work sold.
- Each participant will enter from one to three digital images to be juried into the show. One image entry will cost $25 and $5 for each additional image up to three total. Fees are non-refundable.
- Each jpeg image must be labeled in this format: Image number; Last name; First name; Title; Medium; and Price. Please use “underscores” to separate words in label. For example: 1_Varnum_James_Landscape_Watercolor_500.jpg. Please use only letters, numbers, dashes, and underscores when labeling. Any other punctuation ($&*+!:;”’?=@#, for example) will interfere with the upload of your images.
- Images should be submitted as jpegs. They should be no larger than 2MB, at least 300ppi/dpi, and at least 1,000 pixels on the longest side.
- The jurors will view the images by number only in an online slideshow and will not see the names of the artists.
- Images may be submitted from Monday, October 31, 2016 at 9 a.m. through Friday, November 25, 2016 at 11:59 p.m.
- Notification of accepted entries will occur on Friday, December 16, 2016 after 5 p.m. by email and posted on the NAA website, newtonartassociation.com. Non-email artists will be notified of acceptance by phone or regular mail. If accepted, you will receive details of the show and be asked to submit an image list with standard information.
NAA Guidelines for all shows:
- NAA members in good standing with all dues paid are eligible to participate.
- Participants may only submit original work that has not been shown in previous NAA shows.
- Work must stay up until the end of the show.
- Work must be framed and ready to hang with wires and screws. Saw tooth hangers may not be used.
- Mats must be white, off white, gray, or other neutral tones.
- Frames should be neutral colors (white, black, silver, gold, wood).
- For framed artwork larger than 24” on the longest side, glass may not be used. Instead, members must use Plexiglas or comparable “acrylic glass.”
- Unframed stretched canvases must have the sides painted or otherwise finished and must be DRY.
Procedures and requirements for participants:
- Submit application online.
- Submit an exhibition fee of $25 for the first image and $5 for each additional image, up to three (for example: one image costs $25; two images, $30 and three images, $35), payable online by PayPal and credit card; or check made out to NAA (check must clear before application is accepted). Checks mailed to Dean Bandes, 225 Cypress Street, Newton, MA 02459.
- When you submit this application it is assumed that you have read and consent to the waiver (bottom of the application) for NAA and Mother Brook Arts and Community Center regarding liability.
- Label back of artwork with: Artist name, title, media, and price.
- Drop off work at the scheduled date and time. If your piece requires any unusual installation requirements, you may be asked to be on-site during its installation.
- Pick up art promptly at the scheduled date and time or make arrangements for someone to pick it up on your behalf. No storage space is provided.
- The check-in and hanging committees are volunteers. Please do not put them in a position of rejecting work for the show. Please adhere to the guidelines.
NAA member Vartus Varadian has volunteered to provide publicity for the show. She is seeking images of work in the show. If you wish, please send a jpeg of your piece to Vartus Varadian at . Jpeg format: Name_Title.jpg (Example: Varnum_Landscape.jpg). File size: 300dpi; 4” x 6.” These images will be used by Mother Brook for publicity as well.
Important Dates to Remember for the Mother Brook Juried Show
Submission of Images:
Monday, October 31, 2016 at 9 a.m. through Friday, November 25, 2016 at 11:59 p.m.
Notification of Acceptance:
Friday, December 16, 2016 after 5 p.m.
Tuesday, January 3, 2017, 10:00 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Wednesday, January 11,2017, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
Checkout and Pick Up:
Saturday, February 25, 2017, 10:00 to 12 p.m.
This application is closed.