The Mosesian Center for the Arts Juried Exhibit Application, 2018
Applications and images will be accepted during a specific window of time (see below).
Applications and images will only be accepted online at the NAA website: newtonartassociation.com.
As a juried show, members will submit images that will be judged anonymously to determine acceptance into the exhibit.
|Show opens:||January 26, 2018|
|Reception:||February 2, 2018 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.|
|Show closes:||March 16, 2018|
|Location:||Mosesian Center for the Arts, 321 Arsenal Street, Watertown, MA 02472
For more information and directions go to: mosesianarts.org.
|Curator/Juror:||Kimberly Thomson Panay, Director of Exhibits and Engagement, Mosesian Center for the Arts|
Information concerning the Mosesian Juried Show:
- There is no theme for the Mosesian Juried Show.
- Venue can accommodate over 75 works including sculpture and fiber art. Works may include nude figures that are discreet. If in doubt, please send image to .
- The Mosesian will receive a 20% commission for each work sold, and the Newton Art Association will receive a 20% commission. The artist will recieve 60% of sales, so price accordingly.
- Each participant will enter from one to three digital images to be juried into the show. One image entry will cost $25 and $5 for each additional image up to three total. Fees are non-refundable.
- Each jpeg image must be labeled in this format: Artist Last Name and Title. Please do not leave spaces between words in image file name. For example: VarnumAbstract.jpg. Leaving spaces in the image file name will cause the image to be rejected by the upload system. The other information: Title; Medium; Dimensions; and Price will be required on the Image Upload page before you are able to upload your images.
- Images should be submitted as jpegs. They should be no larger than 3MB, and at least 1,000 pixels on the longest side.
- The juror will view the images by random number only in an online slideshow and will not see the names of the artists.
- Images may be submitted through Monday, January 8, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
- Notification of accepted entries will occur on Friday, January 12, 2018 after 5 p.m. by email and posted on the NAA website, newtonartassociation.com. Non-email artists will be notified of acceptance by phone or regular mail. If accepted, you will receive details of the show and be asked to submit an image list with standard information.
NAA Guidelines for all shows:
- NAA members in good standing with all dues paid are eligible to participate.
- Participants may only submit original work that has not been shown in previous NAA shows.
- Work must stay up until the end of the show.
- Work must be framed and ready to hang with wires and screws. No saw – tooth hangers.
- Mats must be white, off white, gray, or other neutral tones.
- Frames should be neutral colors (white, black, silver, gold, wood).
- For framed artwork larger than 24” on the longest side, glass may not be used. Instead, members must use Plexiglas or comparable “acrylic glass.”
- Unframed stretched canvases must have the sides painted or otherwise finished, and must be DRY.
- Accepted artists must complete a check-list of the above guidelines (#s 4 through 8) and submit it at drop off/check-in.
Procedures and requirements for participants in the Mosesian Exhibit:
- Submit application online.
- Submit an exhibition fee of $25 for the first image and $5 for each additional image, up to three (for example: one image costs $25; two images, $30 and three images, $35), payable online by PayPal and credit card; or check made out to NAA. Checks must be mailed to Dean Bandes, 225 Cypress Street, Newton, MA 02459.
- When you submit this application it is assumed that you have read and consent to the waiver (bottom of the Image Upload page) for NAA and Mosesian Center for the Arts regarding liability.
- When accepted, label back of artwork with: Artist name, title, media, and price. Complete the gallery-ready guidelines check list.
- Drop off work at the scheduled date and time. If your piece requires any unusual installation requirements, you may be asked to be on-site during its installation.
- The check-in team are volunteers. Please do not put them in a position of rejecting work for the show. Please adhere to the guidelines.
- Pick up art promptly at the scheduled date and time or make arrangements for someone to pick it up on your behalf. No storage space is provided.
NAA member Vartus Varadian has volunteered to provide publicity for the show. She is seeking images of work in the show. If you wish, please send a jpeg of your piece to Vartus Varadian at . Jpeg format: Name_Title.jpg (Example: Varnum_Landscape.jpg). File size: 300dpi; 4” x 6.” These images will be used by Mosesian Center for the Arts for publicity as well.
Important Dates to Remember for the Mosesian Center for the Arts Juried Show
Submission of Images:
Through Monday, January 8, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
Notification of Acceptance:
Friday, January 12, 2018, after 5 p.m.
Saturday, January 20, 2018, 11:00 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Friday, February 2, 2018. From 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Checkout and Pick Up:
Saturday, March 17, 2018, 11:00 a.m. to 1 p.m.
This application is closed.