The James King Bonnar Show Application, 2018
Applications will be accepted on a first come-first served basis.
This show is expected to fill up very quickly.
Applications will be accepted online.
|Show opens:||December 8, 2017|
|Reception:||December 8, 2017 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.|
|Holiday sale:||Friday, December 8, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, December 9, 11 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
(See additional information about the Holiday Sale below)
|Show closes:||January 2, 2018|
|Location:||New Art Center, 61 Washington Park, Newtonville, MA 02460
For more information and directions go to: newartcenter.org
|Juror:||Julie Bernson, Deputy Director for Learning and Engagement, deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum.|
Information concerning the 2017 Bonnar Show:
- Venue can accommodate over 100 works including sculpture and small metal/ceramic pieces; large pieces can be entered.
- Works can include nude figures.
- The New Art Center will receive a 20% commission for each work sold; the NAA will receive 20% of all work sold.
- Each participant will pay an exhibition fee of $25.
NAA Guidelines for all shows:
- NAA members in good standing with all dues paid are eligible to participate.
- Participants may only submit original work that has not been shown in previous NAA shows.
- Work must stay up until the end of the show.
- Work must be framed and ready to hang with wires and screws. Saw tooth hangers may not be used.
- Mats must be white, off white, gray, or other neutral tones.
- Frames should be neutral colors (white, black, silver, gold, wood).
- For framed artwork larger than 24” on the longest side, glass may not be used. Instead, members must use Plexiglas or comparable “acrylic glass.”
- Unframed stretched canvases must have the sides painted or otherwise finished and must be DRY.
Procedures and requirements for participants:
- Submit application online.
- Submit an exhibition fee of $25, payable online by PayPal and credit card; or check made out to NAA. Check must be sent to: Dean Bandes, 225 Cypress Street, Newton, MA 02459.
- Read and consent to the waiver on the application for NAA and NAC regarding liability.
- Label back of artwork with: Artist name, title, media, and price.
- Drop off work at the scheduled date and time.
- Pick up art promptly at the scheduled date and time or make arrangements for someone to pick it up on your behalf. No storage space is provided.
- The check-in and hanging committees are volunteers. Please do not put them in a position of rejecting work for the show. Please adhere to the guidelines.
NAA member Vartus Varadian has volunteered to provide publicity for the show. She is seeking images of work in the show. If you wish, please send a jpeg of your piece to Vartus Varadian at . Jpeg format:
Name_Title.jpg (Example: Varnum_Landscape.jpg). File size: maximum of 2 Mbytes. Image size: maximum of 2000 pixels on longest dimension.
Holiday Sale: At least 16 active NAA members will have the opportunity to sell handmade objects at the two-day Holiday Sale. To apply, please complete the separate Holiday Sale application.
Important Dates to Remember for the JK Bonnar Show
Tuesday, December 5, 9:00-10:30 a.m.
Friday, December 8, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Friday, December 8, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, December 9, 11 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Checkout and Pick Up:
Wednesday, January 3, and Thursday, January 4, 2018, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.